We’re looking for outgoing, enthusiastic students or groups of students who are interested in filming entertaining and informative videos for upcoming issues of Student Health 101. Submit your video by March 31 and you could win up to $300, never mind all the bragging rights.
The point? To get everyone to think more critically about a health and wellness topic of your choice in a creative and engaging way. Here’s we’re looking for:
- The video must have a positive message about a health or wellness issue affecting students these days—think stress, relationships, staying active, eating well, acing those exams, etc.—anything near and dear to your heart.
- Create a video that showcases any of these issues above (or an issue of your choice) in a unique way.
- Your video should not exceed 3 minutes (but preferably keep it to 1–2 minutes); we all know our attention span is shorter than that of a goldfish. No, really.
The top 3 winners will appear in upcoming issues of Student Health 101 and will receive the following cash prizes:
Student Health 101 will review all video submissions and select the top candidates by May 1. Voting will be open for two weeks beginning May 1 to determine the top 3 winners of the video contest. Look for the link to vote in the upcoming May edition of Student Health 101. When the time comes, share the provided link with your friends and family to get everyone involved!
Insider tips: How to get your video chosen
- Be positive. Be relevant. Be creative. Your messaging must revolve around health and wellness.
- Have fun with it! Feel free to add some humor to make it more engaging. All personalities and characters are welcome.
- Use your camera’s highest resolution setting.
- Write out a script and rehearse your message with others or in front of a mirror. You want to make sure your message is received loud and clear.
- Lighting is key. Always be aware of backlighting or poor indoor lighting. Also, tell your cat to stop whining in the background, we can hear him! (Be mindful of your audio and all background noises.)
- No music please! Copyright is a real thing. We cannot publish any videos with music, unless you have written permission to use it from the original producer, or you’ve produced it yourself. (Bonus points for that, btw!)
Some past winners
The deadline to submit your video is March 31, 2018.
By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this contest.
Voting begins at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1st, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on May 15th, 2018 (“Voting Period”). Three finalists will be notified by May 20th, 2018. Winners will be announced on June 1st, 2018.
During the Voting Period, all eligible Video Entries will be posted on the Site and will be subject to voting by visitors (“Visitors”) to the Site. Visitors to the Site will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Video Entry. Limit one (1) vote per person per 24-hour period. Please Note: Any attempt to use tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated Video Entries and/or votes will be void. Votes generated by script, macro, bot, robotic or automatic devices, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means, and votes by any means that subvert the voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules will void the Entry and/or votes and may disqualify the entrant. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such entrants disqualified.
In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged to determine the winner(s) by the Sponsor. The decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final and binding in all matters.
The entrants who submitted the winning Video Entries will each be notified by e-mail.
Each winning entry will receive a check. First Place winner will receive a $300 check, Second Place winner will receive a $200 check, and Third Place winner will receive a $100 check. All winners will also be featured as the welcome video in upcoming issues of Student Health 101.
GRANTS OF RIGHTS TO VIDEO ENTIRIES:
By submitting a Video Entry, each entrant agrees and hereby grants to Sponsor, licensees and assigns an unlimited, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to reproduce, distribute, perform, create derivative works of, edit, alter, display, exhibit, combine with other materials, exploit and otherwise use the Video Entry, and all elements embodied therein, in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, for commercial purposes, without compensation or notification to, or permission from entrant.
Student Health 101